of real Research
Our partnership with GDQ Associates,
leading research company!
This new team intervention is made possible through a collaboration & partnership between GDQ Associates and aeqlia.
Both partners share a strong belief that learners and teams can get the best of all worlds: a fun, collaborative and engaging learning experience based on proven research and methodology to improve their performance on-the-job. All digital and remote.
Dr. Susan Wheelan, creator of the GDQ, talks about group development.
Dr. Susan Wheelan describes her five-stage model for group development. She developed the model in order to better understand the dynamics of working groups.
Creating Stage 4 teams.
The GDQ research has shown that teams that achieve Stage 4 (High performing):
- Have more satisfied customers and managers (Wheelan, 1998)
- Have more surviving patients in intensive care (Wheelan, 2003)
- Have members that experience higher level of work satisfaction and lower level of emotional exhaustion (Jacobson, 2014)
- Have a greater ability to adopt to agile ways of working (Gren, 2017)
The Team Development Process.
- Dependency and inclusion. The purpose of stage one is to create a sense of belonging and the beginnings of predictable patterns of interaction.
- Counterdependency and fighting. The purpose of stage two is to develop a set of goals, values, and operational procedures.
- Trust and structure. Stage three is characterized by more mature negotiations about roles, organization, and procedures. Also, members work together to solidify positive relationships.
- Work and productivity. At stage four, work groups become teams. Leaders and members need to do certain things to keep performing ata high level, such as clearly defining their problems and being evaluated regularly.
Especially for remote and virtual teams, Miki Island experiential learning program from aeqlia is a great way to practice teamwork for performance improvement.
The combination of doing and reflecting as well as being both concrete and theoretical is promising for learnings about team development!for
head of research, gdq associates
Enhance your team's performance with us. Today!
160 Robinson Road,
Business Federation Centre, SGP (068914)
Contact us: email@example.com
3 Boulevard de Verdun,