The keys to leading highly diverse & multi-cultural teams with Sarah Wills Carlsson, Managing Director at Nspir AB
For this episode, we speak with Sarah Wills Carlsson, Managing Director at Nspir AB, exploring how to successfully leading highly diverse and multi-cultural teams!
What we spoke about:
* Her own leadership journey, moving from a role of Chief Engineer to Leadership & Team Coach and consultant, living in Sweden, Germany & US
* Her memory of being part of a High Performing Agile Team, creating a nucleus with the customer, questioning the rules of agile development and gathering every team member around a commonly shared goal!
* Why Diversity matter and the research behind it? A high-challenge high-risk environment for a team leader
* The need to be intentional to harness Diversity in a team: “you can’t let things happen organically!”
* Her personal experience leading a multi-cultural teams across China, Sweden and Brazil, and what she did to enable the team reach peak performance!
* It is less about how different we are, and more about how we understand and empathize with others in the teams. The team leader needs to create awareness and conversation points
* The importance of creating a focus on task-based conflicts and disagreements VS personal conflicts to navigate through the Storming phase of team development and harness the diversity of the team
Enhance your team's performance with us. Today!
160 Robinson Road,
Business Federation Centre, SGP (068914)
Contact us: email@example.com
3 Boulevard de Verdun,